Friday, August 24

Friday Blooms - First Edition

Hello!

There is a fellow seller on Etsy who always does a Friday post on her blog about her fabulous brown tabby Tommy.  She calls it Furry Friday and all of us cat folk on Etsy always look forward to it.  The thought came to me to do my own Friday post, Friday Blooms, where I can post garden and flower pictures.

This thought came to me by way of Mrs. Lady Bird.  On our last outing together we went to all her favorite stores where I bought hanging votive holders with the intention of using them as wall mounted vases.  Our dear kitties no longer permit us to have cut flowers within their grasp.  Pito eats them, Loki knocks the vases over and Cleo steals the flowers and guards them ferociously, with growling and hissing and all!

The day of Mrs. Lady Bird's passing the whole family went to the church to pray.  My father in law, Mr. Lady Bird made a comment that he will just bring her Friday flowers to the cemetery now.  So in honor of their flower tradition, our last outing together, and as you will see, the cut Iceberg roses I am growing, I now present you: Friday Blooms!

Dahlias and Iceberg Roses

This wall by the back door is a major thorough fare, so what better place to brighten up.

Cleo admiring Mrs. Lady Bird's garden out the window.
 
The hanging votive holders are pale green glass with a wire mesh around them and a handle that is camouflaged by the flowers.  I just hung two nails in the wall and they hang quite nicely. We are frequent Trader Joe's shoppers so I like to pick up one of their $4 bouquets to fill these up.  This time it was pink dahlias and I added the first two rose blooms from our Iceberg roses.

My hope is to post something garden related each Friday.  I hope you will join me!

Cheers,
this little bird

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful flowers, and I love the cat-proof way you hung them on the wall! No flowers are safe at our house in any sort of tabletop vase, thanks to flower predators Bob and Abby. I'm going to try your idea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete