Monday, October 29

Family Craft Fair

Ciao kittens!

I hope everyone in the East is staying safe during the midst of Hurricane Sandy!

A few weeks back Mr. Bird and I drove down to his home town so I could vend at the elementary school of two of our nephews and one niece. Their mom, Mr. Bird's Sister In Law, is the PTA president and was running the shin dig. The shin dig was actually a fall carnival. My Sister In Law (Mr. Bird's Sister) helped me in my booth for the day.

First, the technical stuff. It was my first time at an outdoor event which means first time for an EZ Up and also the first time using Loki's director's chair. Take a look.



I would have liked to have had one more table, but overall not bad I think.  Here are some set up shots (I am not the tall person in these pictures, that's Mr. Bird's sister).

Thanks for the back shot Mr. Bird.



I may have gotten more compliments/comments on this wooden crate than anything else.  Total score at a local shop.


Finally our TADA moment:

At this point in the day Mr. Bird took off with the camera to go to the air show so I have no pictures of the PTA President, or my nephews who were running around all afternoon.  :(  What I do have though is really great memories of doing a family function that day.  Nothing warms your heart like your youngest nephew running straight at you screaming "AUNTI!!!!!!!!!" and slamming into you with a hug or hearing Mr. Bird's Sister In Law on the PA system all day telling people what to do.  OR realizing that your "sisters in law" are actually your sisters.  I think it also brought a touch of Mrs. Lady Bird to the day, because all the craftiness reminded us all of her.

I barely sold a thing, but I would do it again in a heart beat.  I'll tell the Pres to sign me up for next year!!

Cheers,
this little bird

1 comment: