Thursday, September 13

It's National Sewing Month

Did you know it was National Sewing Month? I did, but only because Joann's put it in really big print in front of my face every time I enter the store (which is way too often).  Sure the girls at the cutting counter know me by name and ask details of what I'm making, and the managers wish they were on break when I get to the registers with my tax-exempt purchase.  But hey, what is this girl to do?

So I was thinking today, but not too hard, I promise.  Is it really National Sewing Month, or is that a marketing thing for Joann's....?

After a super brief Google search the answer is.........................

header_left_650a
 
Yes!  It is actually National Sewing Month and they even have their own website!!  I think that's pretty nifty personally. 
 
So, what am I sewing this month?  We there are all the regular things for my shop including a new burlap table runner and napkin rings I hope to photograph and post this weekend.  But! As I am going back to school next week (yikes) I decided to make my own book bag.  I found a great tutorial for a small messenger bag on the No Time To Sew blog.
 
 
Yes, that is super adorable bird fabric that I have in 4 colors from Birch Fabrics!


I've had this pinned on Pinterest for a while and after a lengthy search for the right bag tutorial it turned out to be this one all along!  I'm making some adjustments to my bag for my needs, like making it bigger, losing the flap and adding more pockets, but having a guide to follow is so great.

I'm hoping to finish it before school starts and I promise to try and take some in progress photos for you.

Have a great day kittens!
this little bird

No comments:

Post a Comment